Extended64
The 64-Bit Windows Community

PowerQuest PartitionMagic 7.0

Previous | Next
Latest post 06-11-2011 5:22 AM by ljmichael. 18 replies.
  • 09-16-2005 3:35 PM

• ahpoddar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2005
    • Syracuse
    • Posts 5
    • Points 205

PowerQuest PartitionMagic 7.0

I wanted to partition my 64-bit machine using win xp x64 using this software but after re-allocating the space for C drive, it asks me to restart the machine after which it does nothing!

is it some issue with startup registry entries that it might be making which makes it incompatible?

any help will be appreciated,
    with regards,
    Ashish.
    -- Ashish Poddar Its high time we standardize everything!
    • Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

• 10-10-2005 9:16 PM In reply to

• setiuk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2005
    • Near Cambridge, England
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

Re: PowerQuest PartitionMagic 7.0

PM7 (or any other Symantec product for that matter) is not 64bit compatible which is why you have problems. Looks like a format and reinstall is in order.
    From Symantec:

"Consumer product compatibility with 64-bit processors

Situation:
    This page tells you about Symantec consumer products compatible with 64-bit processors

Solution:
    Current consumer products have not been tested with 64-bit processors. For information on which operating systems are supported, please read
    Compatibility of Symantec consumer products with Microsoft Windows 95/98/Me and Windows NT/2000/
    "
    Do not adjust your brain, there is a fault in reality http://www.setiuk.com http://www.setiuk.com/bishi.jpg
  • 05-24-2006 5:09 AM In reply to

• wiak
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2005
    • Posts 60
    • Points 715

Acronis Disk Director Suite has support for 64bit windows, and it works way better than norton!
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/diskdirectorsuite/
  • 08-22-2009 10:00 AM In reply to

• fushun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-22-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

an old topic, partition magic is behind the times, now the most popular partition tool is easeus partition master, I use the free edition, very easy to use, just drag and move, all operation are under your control. It can support RAID, 64bit OS,

more info about 64bit partition resize, check http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/64-bit-partition.htm

• 09-01-2009 1:11 PM In reply to

• Blitzenn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Personally I would avoid Partition magic.  I have seen a great number of completely hosed machines after its use.  Its trash software.  Great in the day of NT and Win95 but it was never brought forward with XP and Vista. 

I would highly recommend getting a copy of the Acronis tool to repartition you machine with.  I have had great success with that one.

• 09-24-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

• Rusy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-24-2009
    • US
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Do not use partition magic on 64bit machine or Windows Server, I aslo recommend using easeus partition master, it is free for home users, I used its pro version, I think its feature that drag and move on disk map of main window is quite convenient.

• 09-25-2009 7:07 PM In reply to

If you hard drive wasn't closed out properly than you can have this problem. Try open and closing and then copy

Brazilian Queen

• 10-13-2009 4:51 AM In reply to

• Jhonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Why not try some free partition software that works like Partition Magic? Wink  How to partition windows 64 bit system without reboot and reinstall OS?

Filed under:
  • 10-22-2009 10:58 AM In reply to

• fushun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-22-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Hi guys, I just upgrade to partition magic alternative new version, 4.0. It support enlarging my 64bit OS without reboot. If you use 32bit OS, you can use the free edition 

http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/extend-ntfs-system-partition-without-reboot.htm

• 01-20-2010 12:55 PM In reply to

• jatikal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-20-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 20

We are sorry, but nothing has been found for the brand POWERQUEST & PARTITION MAGIC 7.0 in your language. If you wish to be informed when the Promotional Merchandise model POWERQUEST PARTITION

• 06-21-2010 3:08 AM In reply to

• maffea
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

After 2004, Partion Magic no longer updated, the now version is 8.0. The program only supports the maximum capacity of 300GB. At present, 2TB hard drives are being widely used in various occasions, so it is problematic today. Many people have upgraded the system to latest Vista and Windows 7, and also updated Server 2000, Windows 2003 and up to date Server 2008, but Partion Magic is incompatible with these operating systems.

As a partion magic 8.0 alternative, Partition Assistant is a professional and reliable partition manager software manufactured by Aomei Technology. It not only there is a high reputation and remarks, its home edition is also free of charge for all Windows 32 bit users. And now the Best Partition Manager Partition Assistant 2.1 Is Released.

To read more, visit  http://www.extend-partition.com/resource/partion-magic-powerquest-partition-download.html

Filed under:
  • 01-25-2011 7:51 PM In reply to

really i think very usefull information for me.Many thanks.Kerala Tour and Kerala Tour Packages

• 02-24-2011 2:32 AM In reply to

• qiujie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-24-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

hi,

for your roblem, you can try another third party software to partition. easeus partition master home edition is a free and can extend partition (especially for system drive), manage disk space easily, settle low disk space problem on MBR and GUID partition table (GPT) disk under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit system.here you can have a try:http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

hope it works.

Filed under:
  • 03-09-2011 9:55 PM In reply to

The program only supports the maximum capacity of 300GB. At present, 2TB hard drives are being widely used in various occasions, so it is problematic today. Many people have upgraded the system to latest Vista and Windows 7, and also updated Server 2000, Windows 2003 and up to date Server 2008, but Partion Magic is incompatible with these operating systems. flour mills

• 03-09-2011 10:04 PM In reply to

The program only supports the maximum capacity of 300GB. At present, 2TB hard drives are being widely used in various occasions, so it is problematic today. Many people have upgraded the system to latest Vista and Windows 7, and also updated Server 2000, Windows 2003 and up to date Server 2008, but Partion Magic is incompatible with these operating systems.  flour mill

• Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright © Extended64.com, 2009. All rights reserved.