Extended64
The 64-Bit Windows Community

Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys

Brandon Paddock has posted an awesome “cheat sheet” of hot keys to use in Windows 7.

General

Win+Up Maximize
Win+Down Restore / Minimize
Win+Left Snap to left
Win+Right Snap to right
Win+Shift+Left Jump to left monitor
Win+Shift+Right Jump to right monitor
Win+Home Minimize / Restore all other windows
Win+T Focus the first taskbar entry
Pressing again will cycle through them, you can can arrow around.
Win+Shift+T cycles backwards.
Win+Space Peek at the desktop
Win+G Bring gadgets to the top of the Z-order
Win+P External display options (mirror, extend desktop, etc)
Win+X Mobility Center (same as Vista, but still handy!)
Win+#
(# = a number key)
Launches a new instance of the application in the Nth slot on the taskbar.
Example: Win+1 launches first pinned app, Win+2 launches second, etc.
Win + +
Win + -
(plus or minus key)
Zoom in or out.

Explorer

Alt+P Show/hide Preview Pane

Taskbar modifiers

Shift + Click on icon Open a new instance
Middle click on icon Open a new instance
Ctrl + Shift + Click on icon Open a new instance with Admin privileges
Shift + Right-click on icon Show window menu (Restore / Minimize / Move / etc)
Note: Normally you can just right-click on the window thumbnail to get this menu
Shift + Right-click on grouped icon Menu with Restore All / Minimize All / Close All, etc.
Ctrl + Click on grouped icon Cycle between the windows (or tabs) in the group

Posted Jan 12 2009, 06:25 AM by Ryan Hoffman

Comments

Hildegarde wrote re: Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys
on 03-20-2012 4:19 AM

Keep writing, continue to inspire, to keep creating

zakoment wrote re: Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys
on 04-06-2012 1:22 PM

This article is really impressive and interesting.

arkspend wrote re: Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys
on 11-09-2012 12:31 AM

Although you've tried a good effort, yet I would like to share and say that some of shortcut keys don't work. Like how to restore the main menu and how to undo closed tabs. Here I've designed a page and I would appreciate my valued visitors to come over there and leave their opinion.

Roemer wrote re: Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys
on 11-10-2012 3:37 AM

Most of us probably do not strategy for an urgent, or not as much as we probably should anyway. I know they tell us where I stay to be ready for a big earth quake. I know we at least at one factor had a few factors put away in the occasion that it occurred. Which informs me it’s probably a wise decision to examine and upgrade our resources at least once per season, and probably more often. Battery power only last for such a lengthy time. Medication and meals gradually ends, and a wise decision to move them out perhaps.

<a href="wpslidereview.webs.com/">wp slide in review</a>

Roemer wrote re: Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys
on 11-10-2012 3:38 AM

Although you've tried a excellent attempt, yet I would like to discuss and say that some of quick way important factors don't perform. Like how to recover the primary selection and how to reverse shut an eye. Here I've developed a web page and I would appreciate my appreciated guests to come over there and keep their viewpoint.

<a href="wpslidereview.webs.com/">wp slide in review</a>

johnsmith80701 wrote re: Windows 7 Beta Shortcut Keys
on 10-15-2014 3:34 AM

Your post is so interesting and informative. I got a lot of useful and significant information. Thank you so much. www.exams-software.com/220-301-exam.html - www.exams-software.com/250-271-exam.html

Please Sign in or Join to share your comments!
Copyright © Extended64.com, 2009. All rights reserved.